18 August 2012

The Swebus

I bought a bus ticket to Copenhagen from Oslo for about $30 with Swebus a few months before the actual trip. It was cheaper that way anyway buying it in anticipation- and it was an overnight bus. I had taken the Swebus before 4 years ago on the Stockholm-Copenhagen route, also an overnight bus.

It was nice having wi-fi on the bus; I Skyped with my mom and sister, but only typing with the video on. It never got completely dark during the night because it was in the middle of summer in Scandinavia- but it was still pretty dark. After a while I fell asleep, and at about 3am, the bus broke down. We were on the side of the highway for about 1.5 hours. I had no idea what was going on since I woke up when the bus was stopped. The driver was only explaining to the passengers what had happened only in Norwegian and Swedish. I had to guess by expressions and hand gestures. After those 1.5 hours, the bus moved again, but it only moved enough to get off the highway to the closest gas station. We were probably at the gas station for another 1.5 hours. Since I couldn't go to sleep since I was so alert- and there was a toddler who would not stop yelling/screaming/crying/wailing/everything- I decided to pull out my laptop and watch an episode of Portlandia. It helped to mute out that annoying toddler.

This toddler actually had been crying when I went to sleep on the bus hours ago. I am not lying when I say that that toddler cried for at least 5 hours straight.

So finally at about 5am, another Swebus bus came along to our rescue and we all transferred onto that bus to finally head on over to Copenhagen.

I got to Copenhagen about 2 hours after we were scheduled to arrive. But I finally arrived. I was looking forward to actually settling down for a bit after traveling across 3 countries for 2 weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment