18 August 2012

Arriving in Copenhagen

17 June 2012

I will admit that when I arrived to Copenhagen, I already wanted to get out. My attitude was in the wrong place, and I just kept telling myself that it will change.

After getting off of the Swebus bus, I made my way to the bus ring outside of the Central Station to catch the 2A bus towards my stop in Brønshøj- where my apartment was waiting. But first I had to buy my kipperkort for 10 trips inside the station so that I at least was set up with short-term transportation during my first week there.

Arriving to the apartment building, I had no idea was button to ring. I wasn't told that detail, so I was taking my best guess. At least for the first two buttons I pressed no one answered, so third time was a charm- it was just my luck that it was the button for the apartment I was to stay in.
a view of the apartment complex's courtyard, so pretty!

I was shown around the apartment by my Italian flatmate, and to my disappointment I saw that I had no pillow nor bed sheets in my room. I just told myself that I would figure that out later- there were other priorities. So I finally showered, which felt so nice and got myself more or less situated in the apartment. I made my way out to DIS (the school where I was studying) because we had orientation/sign-in, surprisingly on a Sunday. It took all of half an hour to do everything at DIS: checking in and picking up my cell phone/SIM card. So I immediately went home because I just wanted to rest. But I made a quick pit stop at a produce store to buy some groceries. It was a Sunday, and surprisingly the majority of businesses are closed. I was lucky enough to spot one open from the bus.

Back at the apartment, I met my French flatmate (the Italian had left somewhere), and I asked him about an Ikea because of the bed linens. But he was nice enough to give me one of his comforters and an extra fitted sheet that was in the apartment; he thought it was rather silly for me to buy sheets for only a 6/7 week stay. The Frenchie said that since he was leaving Copenhagen in a week, I could take the other comforter from his room for my use.

For my entire stay in Copenhagen, I lived with a comforter, and a small pillow (about 20cm x 20cm) that I took from my home in California. 

No comments:

Post a Comment