18 August 2012

An apartment all to myself

I found myself alone in my apartment on Wednesday of my first week in Copenhagen. The Frenchie moved out that day, and the Italian did as well. The Italian was supposed to move out at the end of the week, but he probably decided to do it earlier. He also carried a beef with the weather. Being from Italy, he probably hated it.
So I had the apartment all to myself for a week and a half. I had known prior to arriving that I was going to have the apartment to myself for a week, but now I found myself having 4 bonus days. I will have to say that it was actually quite nice having peace and quiet, and having "me" time outside of school. Call me an introvert if you want, but it felt great.

I actually made an elaborate meal on of those days. It was the only time during my course in Copenhagen that I bought meat (being on a budget means being an accidental vegetarian). I decided to try my hand at making Pelmeni- those Russian dumplings that I mentioned before while I was in Riga. I made everything out of scratch- from the dough to the filling. It was time consuming, but it was quite rewarding. Given, the pastry was coming apart a bit while I was boiling them, but all in all, I am proud of my work. It was a cheap recipe. It seems like a lot of typical Russian food is cheap to make. Thank you communism! I intend to try this again, and improve on it. Perhaps boyfriend's family can give me pointers.

you know you want some.

No comments:

Post a Comment