05 November 2012

Royal Danish Academy Grad Show

27 June 2012
waiting for the waterbus

After spending the morning surveying the mess of The Palads Cinemas, we as a program with architecture and design took a small field trip to the Royal Danish Academy of the Fine Art's Graduate Show. We went studio by studio. BB, our instructor, decided to take us via waterbus. I was reluctant to use my klipperkort (my 10-trip transportation pass), but BB was only providing some passes for those that did not have one one them already.

So across the river we rode after waiting too long for a waterbus that would actually take a class of 14.

We made a short pit-stop at the academy library before heading off to the show. BB worked on the renovation of the library, which used to be part of the naval barracks of Copenhagen.

oh the colors!
The graduation show consisted of architecture, information design, fashion, and industrial design. The work produced was mind-blowing, and the models were all too impressive. We all had to remind ourselves that tuition is free for these students, so it's perhaps easier for them to blow money on prints and model-making.
the architecture portion of the show
I wanted to make my way back to the centre of the city because I did not want to use an additional "clip" on my transportation pass, since it is valid for 1.5 hours of travel from the timestamp. I felt like I was there for a while anyway, so I left with a classmate of mine to head off to the centre.

on the ferry

We basically rode on the ferry for an additional (and unnessesary) half hour because it went the opposite way we were supposed to head off of. There were other classmates on the ferry, too, 'enjoying' a mini cruise of the river before stepping off the correct stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment