01 May 2012

East Coast Countdown

I picked up my Russian Visa last Saturday. I am almost set to go! Time to invade Russia.

I get so caught up in my plans for this summer, that I forget that I'm paying the east coast a visit for 10 days, starting this weekend. Boyfriend and I will be traveling to Boston to visit the city and Harvard and MIT. After Boston, we will take the train to Providence and spend a day there so that I can get a feel for the city and the RISD campus before I move there in September. Then we are off to NYC and we will meet up with boyfriend's sister (who would have arrived two days before), and a cousin of mine who now calls NYC home. This will be a great vacation from work (much needed). To save some money (who doesn't like to save money?)- I have found certain days of the week where some museums/attractions are free in New York. Here are some to name a few:

Museum of Modern Art: free Fridays 4-8 pm
Metropolitan Museum of Art: everyday pay what you wish
Museum of Art and Design: Thursday and Friday pay what you wish 6-9pm
Museum of Fashion Institute of Technology: free everyday
Brooklyn Botanical Gardens: free Tuesdays
Bronx Zoo: Wednesdays pay what you wish
Guggenheim: Saturdays 5:45pm-7:45pm pay what you wish (tickets in advance)

Seems like my schedule, for the most part, revolves around these free museum hours. I'm not complaining.

Is it possible to travel too much? I think not.


No comments:

Post a Comment